Thursday, July 23, 2009

He’s Just Not That Into You


The title speaks for itself, He’s Just Not That in to You based on the best-selling book of the same name, written by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tucillo (Sex and the City). I went to watch this movie with a bunch of my girlfriends (I wasn’t about to drag my boyfriend to such a movie). I was pleasantly surprised after watching this movie; it’s funny, cute and informative (for those ladies who are clueless when it comes to men). I was expecting something more like an after school special or a Dr. Phil show, you know all serious and strictly by the book.

Gigi Haim (Ginnifer Goodwin) just wants a man who says he’ll call and does call. Not much to ask for from a girl’s perspective, however from a guy’s perspective if he’s not calling you he’s just not that in to you. There is no underlying reason why, but it does make sense if you think about it. The movie circulates around a group of interconnected young men and women as they navigate there way though modern day relationships and how men and women often misconstrue the intentions of the opposite sex.

I’ve read a lot of reviews that claim the movie makes women look pathetic and make men look like scumbags. When I was younger I used to obsess about why he’s not calling, it’s called insecurities. I don’t think its pathetic hoping a guy will call. However I do think it’s pathetic to wait around by the phone and constantly make excuses. Men like independent, secure women. How many women out there want a needy, insecure man? Those are not very attractive qualities. You know that old saying play hard to get, well it’s kind of true, at least in the beginning of a new relationship… It keeps things interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment