Thursday, August 20, 2009

RV (2006)



RV starring Robin William and Cheryl Hines is hilarious. I’m actually not a huge fan of Robin Williams, but he won me over in this family adventure with help from the supporting actors such as Jeff Daniels.

Bob Munro (Williams) is overwhelmed at work and decides to take a trip to Hawaii with his family for some rest and relaxation and of course some family bonding. However his boss demands he cancel the trip for work. Bob ends up taking his unenthusiastic family on a road trip to have some quality family bonding time. Little does his family know he is actually focused on business and secretly tries to squeeze in some work (in bathrooms nonetheless) in between the constant run-ins with a very annoying family they meet?

Over the course of their trip Bob and his unhappy to be there tag-along family learn an important lesson. They realize how important family is and rekindle their forgotten family bond. I’m sure that everyone knew that is how it would end, it was quite predictable. What kind of family movie would end with the family hating each other?

This movie had many negative predictions circulating before the release of the movie in 2006 and I’m still not sure why. I didn’t see the movie until last night and never read any reviews or heard anything negative from friends so I went in without having expectations of any kind. I found it to be funny and a great movie to watch with the family, I would definitely categorize this movie in the family section. This movie actually reminds me of the good old classic Vacation Movies with Chevy Chase. I doubt RV will be a classic, but it’s definitely worth checking out.

1 comment: