Thursday, August 13, 2009

Reign Over Me (2007)



Reign over Me is one of the best movies I’ve seen in a while and I had never even heard of it before last night, when I noticed iReel had it in their movie library. I also realized that I really like Adam Sandler, more than I thought, he’s a fantastic actor and all of his movies are great and entertaining.

Reign over me is endearing and emotional and it makes you realize that life is short and at any moment life can change and you will never be the same again. That’s what happens in when Charlie (played by Adam Sandler) loses his wife and three daughters in a plane crash. The last 4 years of his life, he spent alone, not wanting to communicate with anyone who knew his family, he didn’t want to think or be reminded of them because it hurt too much. Then his old college roommate Alan (Don Cheadle) see’s him and tries to befriend him, he wants to help him.

What I like about this movie is that they don’t make everything turn out perfect in the end. It seems so real, this could really happen and I’m sure that it does somewhere around the world every day, someone loses someone they love. Unfortunately not everyone can move on with life as easily as others, some people are deeply pained and are never the same.

I must say this was the best performance I’ve seen from Adam Sandler, like I mentioned above he is just fantastic. I already love his movies, some of my favorites being Anger Management, Mr. Deeds, Happy Gilmore, Click and The Longest Yard. I think now he might even be one of my favorite actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment